Green Opportunities for Developing Economy Competition (GODEC) 2019
The deadline for submitting the applications on our social media page is September 16th 2019.
The Chamber of Civil Engineers / İnşaat Mühendisleri Odası “Innovative green business idea” competition
Terms of Reference
The competition is organized within the framework of the project Awareness Raising for Civil Engineers on “Green Economy Cyprus’’ of İMO which is funded by the European Commission under Innovation and Change in Education VI grant program.
The main objective of this competition is to identify business ideas that have a high potential for success, to affect in the social, environmental
and economic development of the northern part of Cyprus, with the ultimate goal of realising a sustainable business development idea
in the country.
· The idea should be original and primarily based on local resources.
· The green business ideas should present a plan or be a detailed idea of being environmentally friendly.
· Preferentially, it should provide employment opportunities for local people or should support and stimulate the revival of
the local economy
· The idea should be unique and lack monetary support from local, central government or international development
· IMO shall recognise and present awards to the three best “Innovative green business ideas” applicants 5,000€, 3,000€
and 1,000€ respectively. 50% of the prize will be paid at the announcement of the competition results. The second instalment will be paid upon applicant’ presentation about the progress of business idea at GODEC 2020 conference.